JPR Environmental has carried out the following projects for WWT:
- visitor access project building a disabled ramp
- wet lagoons in the 5 Acre to treat farm runoff and develop wetland habitat
- re-establishment of a paleo channel on the reserve to create a wildlife corridor for water birds along with a whole range of marginal aquatics
- an infrastructure project for foul water pumping stations,
- a wader scrape and large wet meadow at the centre at Arundel and
- the long-term management of the reedbed treatment system for the main visitor centre at Slimbridge
WWT staff were incredibly generous with their support when JPR Environmental was first starting out, providing office space and land to grow wetland plants and willow. JPR’s support of WWT now is a small way of saying ‘thank you’ and recognising the importance of the relationship that the two organisations have together.
WWT and JPR will be celebrating their anniversaries with various events this year which clients and partners will be invited along to.